Christmas Escape Room - Year 3
Revise place value, addition and subtraction and multiplication and division through this highly engaging Escape Room. Children must work together to help Santa escape from a mystery location by completing different puzzles which use a variety of different maths skills.
Children solve different types of puzzles – including a crossword, a maze and a code cracker to earn keys that enable them to travel to the next location, eventually revealing Santa’s location and then using the clues they have found to help him escape.
Written primarily for Year 3, this activity revises maths objectives:
• Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100
• Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
• Compare and order numbers up to 1000
• Add and subtract numbers mentally
• Add and subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction
• Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 times table.
This looks best printed in colour but also includes a black and white version of each printable file.