Morning Mats (Year 4 Number and Place Value)
Number and place value morning mats containing 7 questions on each mat covering the year 4 objectives. There is a mixture of fluency, reasoning and problem solving questions. There are 5 mats in this pack. These are aimed at children meeting age related expectations.
Answers are also included.
- count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1,000
- find 1,000 more or less than a given number
- count backwards through 0 to include negative numbers
- recognise the place value of each digit in a four-digit number (1,000s, 100s, 10s, and 1s)
- order and compare numbers beyond 1,000
- identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1,000
- solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers
- read Roman numerals to 100 (I to C) and know that over time, the numeral system changed to include the concept of 0 and place value
THIS RESOURCE IS AVAILABLE AS PART OF THE YEAR 4 NUMBER AND PLACE VALUE UNIT PACK.